It all started to sink in this week. That there’s an actual human being in my uterus. I mean, I’m almost halfway through this pregnancy. It should have all sunk in by now. But nope. It kinda just hit me.
How far along: 17 weeks 6 days
Baby is the size of: an onion
Total weight gain: no idea at this point.
- Still have a low tolerance gag reflex. I was walking to the office and a man passed me who was clearing his throat and sinuses like he was about to spit a loogie. I had to walk over to the curb and do a bit of dry heaving before I could continue. Jeez.
- A weird metallic taste in my mouth that’s actually been there for awhile. I just kept forgetting to post about it. It’s gross and makes me want o chew gum or eat breath mints all day.
- Some pulls and tugs in the abdomen that I assume are ligaments stretching.
- I have felt what could possibly be the baby moving a couple times. One time it felt a bit like a bubble popping in my lower abdomen. Another time it was big and felt like my stomach completely rolled over. Two very different feelings. Both of which very likely could have been gas.
- Gas. Thankfully it seems to be escaping mostly through burping. I burp a lot. Keeping it classy, of course, by covering my mouth and being quiet about it.
- Heartburn. Oh the heartburn. I have a deep love for Mexican food and indian food. Not great things to eat if your food keeps coming back up your esophagus. But I just can’t help myself. I take a couple tums every day. This is ok, right? I know I can’t take more than 6 in a 24 hour period, but is it ok if I’m taking fewer, but taking them pretty much everyday??
Food cravings: nothing new really. I’ve had Indian food a couple times this week and it was as amazing as I thought it would be. I’m wanting hearty cold-weather food like my veggie chili. This could likely not be pregnancy-related and just be a reflection of the cold weather we’ve been having.
Things making me queasy: guys passing me on the street while clearing their throat and sinuses. See symptom #1
Maternity clothes: not yet. Though the bump is definitely showing in my regular clothes. I’m guessing I still have a few weeks before I start wearing maternity stuff.
Sleep: propping a pillow behind my back now to keep me on my side when I sleep. Turning to the other side is getting annoying. Mostly because unusually squished between S, a pillow and our 2 cats. I must be throwing off some major body heat these days because both cats curl up right next to me every night. I swear one of them intentionally slides his paws under my back to warm them up.
Purchases for baby: nothing. Should be closing on the house next week, so spending has been halted.
Purchases for mama: nope. See above.
Best moment this week: we spent all day Saturday packing and came across the mix CDs we gave out as favors at our wedding. Listening to it made us both super sappy all day.
Miss anything? not really
Looking forward to: closing on the house, no work from Dec 24 – Jan 3, moving the week of Dec 28, our anatomy scan Dec 29. A lot is happening in the next two weeks.
I think I look obviously pregnant now, but that might be wishful thinking. What you don’t see in this photo is the curve of my back, which is already starting to sway out.