Skipped a week as it was pretty busy at work. I also planned a surprise trip to TX to visit my mom for her 70th birthday. It was lovely! So glad I did that. But flying is definitely starting to be uncomfortable.
I can’t believe how quickly this pregnancy is going by! It still feels like we just got pregnant and yet here we are at the end of the 2nd trimester. I’m trying to just enjoy it and stay in the moment. I think I’m gonna be one of those women who really miss being pregnant.
How far along? 26 weeks, 6 days
Baby is the size of: head of lettuce
Total weight gain: no idea. My next appt is Feb. 29th, so we’ll find out then
- Having to pee more frequently. I’m surprised this didn’t start earlier especially with how thirsty I am all the time. I still don’t have to pee in the middle of the night, but I pee a tremendous amount first thing in the morning
- Snissing – pissing when I sneeze. Just a smidgen, but still. Not fun. When I feel a sneeze coming on, I instinctively cross my legs now! Need to do some more kegels.
- Still have awful heartburn. Still feel it come up into my throat some nights.
- I feel like my walk is changing a bit. It’s not a waddle just yet, but a precursor to one.
- Achy lower back. Trying to walk around during the day so I’m not sitting at my desk all day.
Food cravings: Fruit, fruit, fruit. I have eaten a carton of blueberries in one sitting. This kid is marinating in blueberries and brussel sprouts these days. Also, I may have 4 boxes of Girl Scout c0okies in my pantry.
Things that make me queasy: still can’t handle burnt coffee smell.
Maternity clothes: All pants are maternity. Still wearing a couple non maternity tops, but my t-shirts are starting to stretch, so I’ll pack those away soon. Can no longer zip up my jackets!
Sleep: ok. Still have sore hips and have to switch sides often.
Purchases for baby: during my trip to TX, my mom gave me baby clothes she’s been purchasing. There are some really cute ones! She also went on our registry and bought a bunch of stuff since she won’t be here in CA for the shower next month.
Purchases for mama: nothing for me. Thankfully a coworker of mine with an 11 month old gave me a bunch of her maternity clothes. She’s the same size as me so they all fit! I’ll only have to get a few things to supplement them, which will save us a lot of money.
Best moment this week: Surprising my mom for her birthday! She was so excited and we had a great long weekend. She also got to feel the baby kick, which made me happy.
Miss anything? Margaritas. We’ve had some nice weather and it would have been nice to sit on a patio and sip one.
Looking forward to: putting the nursery together. We have a list of projects to complete these next couple weeks. We need to do it soon while I still have some energy.