Starting to feel super emotional and mushy with S. I think it’s just the pressure to really cherish these last remaining weeks of it just being the two of us. I have a mental list of things I want us to do like go have a really fancy meal, go see a movie, enjoy a few leisurely paced brunches, sleep in as much as possible, etc. I’m so worried about our relationship changing when the baby arrives. I want to make sure we keep our “wife” identities and don’t just get completely swallowed up by our new “mom” identities.
How far along: 32 weeks, 6 days
Baby is the size of: a pineapple
Total weight gain: As of this Monday at my appointment, 19 lbs total. I am very comfortable with my body and actually love watching it change through this process, however, there was a smidge of shock at seeing the number on the scale. Simply because I have never seen it before. But I’m happy with my weight gain. Not doing anything to impede it.
- Rib pain. My acupuncturist told me when she delivered her daughter she felt immediate relief in her rib cage. Sounds lovely!
- When I’m sitting, I can now feel the bottom of my belly resting on my upper thighs and the bottom of my boobs resting on the top of my belly. Weird feeling. Makes me feel like I’m all belly these days.
- Restless leg syndrome. I’m self-diagnosing here, but that seems to be the issue at night. I wake up so many times every night with sore legs and the urge to move them around and reposition them.
- Definitely waddling now.
- More grunting when standing up
- Getting so tired in the evenings, but then have trouble falling asleep!
- Crazy heartburn that makes me want to just double over. But bending over just makes it worse.
Food cravings: Gatorade. I’m always thirsty and water doesn’t seem to quench it these days.
Things that make me queasy: cant think of anything
Maternity clothes: Yep.
Sleep: Possible restless leg syndrome makes sleeping difficult. If I wake up at night or in the early morning, I find it very hard to fall back asleep. S had to get up super early for work one day, but then proceeded to snooze for almost an hour. I however, woke up on the first alarm and couldn’t go back to sleep, even though I didn’t have to get up for another hour and a half. I threw a slightly hormonal cranky fit and told her she cannot snooze like that anymore if she has to get up early.
Purchases for baby: We bought a new baby carrier that was on sale. Navy blue Ergobaby. And then tested it out with one of our cats, who was super pissy about it.
Purchases for mama: nothing this week, unless you count my acupuncture session.
Best moment this week: It was so nice to return to acupuncture and just relax for an hour. She treated my back pain and my recurring nausea. I’m gonna try to go regularly now until labor.
Miss anything: sleeping on my back
Looking forward to: this weekend we have vowed to get the nursery organized. I’m determined to make this happen. My energy is rapidly going downhill, so it’s either now or never.