My sister arrives tonight!! Ok, now back to the Bumpdate.
How far along: 29 weeks, 6 days
Baby is the size of: an eggplant
Total weight gain: a little over 15 lbs at this point
- Less weepy this week, thank goodness
- Still have some anxiety, but it’s mostly work related and less about the house and our shower on Saturday
- I’m waking up before my alarm goes off, which is really annoying
- A little out of breath now if I take stairs or walk up a hill
- This kiddo has the hiccups a lot! You can see my belly lurch with each one
- I can feel my walk slowing down a bit.
- I wonder if my ribs are stretching more these days because my left rib is killing me once again. I find it hard to sleep on my left side because of it
Food cravings: still thirsty all the time. Still downing fruit like there’s no tomorrow. Confession: I’ve been vegetarian for 15 years and I have found myself craving and EATING meat recently. Turkey, some chicken, and bacon. No beef – zero desire for that. But this eating of meat definitely comes with some guilt.
Things that make me queasy: i can’t think of anything
Maternity clothes: yep.
Sleep: same ol’ same ol’. Achy hips, lots of turning
Purchases for baby: none but with the shower this weekend, we expect to see some cute baby items.
Purchases for mama: none this week.
Best moment this week: our childbirth class last night. We had to do a “pain challenge.” The teacher froze water balloons and had us hold one for 90 seconds (the longest a contraction is ever expected to last- and she said even that length is rare). And our partners had to use some of the techniques we’ve learned to help distract us and get us through it. S was so great! She massaged my shoulders in time with my breath and was so comforting. I know those 90 seconds are nothing compared to the hours of labor we’ll go through, but it gave me some confidence about the process.
Miss anything: wearing my regular clothes. Obviously my maternity wardrobe is more limited, so some days I look in my closet and sigh “ok. I guess I’ll wear you. Again.” And then gaze longingly at my cute, varied, normal wardrobe. Might still buy a couple more maternity items, but also feel weird about that when we only have about 2 months left and still have things to get for the baby. Although, let’s be real, I’ll be wearing maternity clothes all summer as well!
Looking forward to: our shower! Even though it’s supposed to rain all day. My SIL is loaning us some pop up canopies to place over the grill and a few tables. And the house will just be a little more crowded than we first thought. No big deal.