How far along? 30 weeks, 6 days
Baby is the size of: a large cabbage
Total weight gain: 15+ lbs
- Heartburn is raging out of control. I emailed Dr S to make sure it was ok that I was taking the maximum amount of Tums every.single.day. I was told that was safe but I should switch to Zantac, which is more effective.
- Some light headedness. Might be because I’ve had a super busy week and didn’t eat as much as usual. And definitely didn’t drink as much water as I usually do
- I get full so quickly! I’ll be starving but after a few bites, I feel like my food is already backed up into my throat. And then I’m hungry a half hour later. Baby girl is definitely crowding my stomach
- Sore ribs. I sound like a broken record. This kid is sitting pretty high and my ribs seem to be bearing the brunt of that.
- Tiredness. I can practically feel all that energy I gained in the 2nd trimester slowly seeping out of me. I’m walking more slowly, working more slowly.
- The last 2 hours of the work day, I have to move away from my desk and go work on the couch near our office kitchen with my feet propped up. I just can’t handle sitting in a chair all day anymore. No swelling or anything yet. Just general achiness.
Food cravings: veggie hot dogs loaded with mustard. Weird, I know. But I had one at our shower barbecue and I’ve been wanting them ever since
Things that make me queasy: can’t think of anything this week
Maternity clothes: all maternity, all the time
Sleep: same. Lots of sore hips and switching sides. I need to find a better solution for cushioning my hips while I sleep
Purchases for baby: Lots of baby shower gifts!! So many cute outfits and some much needed items like diapers, wipes, lotion etc.
Purchases for mama: none for me this week
Best moment this week: I can’t pick out just one moment. We had my sister, her best friend who I’ve known most of my life, and my best friend staying with us. Even though it was raining most of the time, it was such a great week! We had all our friends and loved ones in our home for the barbecue on Saturday. We got to celebrate this kiddo, eat some good food, and laugh A LOT. The house is way too quiet now.
Miss anything: margaritas. Again. Something about sunshine and spring makes me want to just sit on a patio and sip a frozen margarita.
Looking forward to: After our busy week, we are doing absolutely nothing this weekend. We plan on sleeping as much as possible, staying in our pjs, and just reveling in laziness. We both almost fell asleep in our child birth class last night. Time to relax and recuperate.
The Bump: the St. Patrick’s Day edition