Change of Plans

So. Yeah.

I was told to keep taking OPKs and if it was positive this morning, I needed to take the trigger shot immediately and schedule an IUI on Friday.

Well, of course, I was surging this morning. I saw that I suddenly had a lot of fertile mucus this morning and thought, oh god. I bet I’m surging.

lol and behold, I was. I had just tested yesterday evening and it was still really light, so sometime between 6pm last night and 10am this morning, my LH shot through the roof.

So instead of giving myself the trigger tonight, I did it this morning. And the IUI is tomorrow at 10:50am instead of Saturday. Because ovulation is already in motion, taking the shot is really more of a “belt and suspenders” situation (my doctor’s words). We’re hoping it pushes my body to release all 4 eggs.

Thank goodness I picked up the sperm this morning. Almost scheduled the pick up for Friday, but actually thought to myself “what if I surge early?”

Fingers crossed this cycle is the one!

Advertisements

Round Two

Just got back from my monitoring ultrasound. The Clomid queasiness went away after the first day. Yay! After that, I only noticed some moodiness. But at least I was able to recognize WHY I would suddenly be consumed with rage and I was able to calm myself down.

Before the appointment today, we decided that if the Clomid didn’t give me two viable eggs, we would cancel the cycle. The only reason we’re taking it is to up our chances, so we are lucky that we can be choosy and wait for the next cycle if need be.

It’s CD11 today and I went in to the appt. expecting to see two viable eggs, with a possible second ultrasound appt on Friday and a trigger shot this weekend and insemination on Monday.

What happened is we saw FOUR large eggs and will trigger tomorrow night. On my left ovary: 18mm, 16.5mm. On the right: 17mm, 17mm. (Is mm the unit of measurement? I can’t remember)

Granted, it’s not guaranteed that all 4 will ovulate. The 16.5 might stop growing before Saturday. But I’m feeling hopeful. The doctor wants to wait 1 more day before I take the trigger shot- to let them get a bit bigger. So I trigger Thursday night at 9:50pm and the IUI is scheduled for Saturday at 9:50am. I’m to keep taking OPKs and if I get a positive tomorrow morning, I should take the trigger shot in the morning and they’ll do the IUI Friday. I don’t think that’ll happen though. My OPK this morning was really light.

They did make me confirm that if all 4 eggs fertilize, we would be ok with “selective reduction” meaning they would reduce the fetus number down to 2. If we weren’t ok doing that, they would recommend canceling this cycle because of the higher ( but still really tiny) odds of multiples. We’re ok with this, though it makes me incredibly sad to think of choosing which ones to keep. Thankfully, the odds of all 4 fertilizing are really, really small.

So we’ve got the trigger shot in the fridge and now we just wait. Hoping cycle #2 is the lucky one, as it was with Mabel!

Clomid

Just jumping on here quickly with a Clomid question.

AF started Sunday afternoon, but by Monday afternoon I had the Clomid prescription in my hand and am feeling hopeful. This is my first time on Clomid, but I’ve read about people’s experiences on it and did my research. I’m on 100mg/day.

My question: has anyone experienced all day nausea from it? I took it this morning with a big bowl of yogurt and I’ve felt like I’m on the verge of throwing up all day. Is this normal? I was hoping it would pass but here we are 5 hours later and it hasn’t. Just curious.

Big Fat Nope

So even though today is 14dpiui, I caved and took a test yesterday morning. It was undoubtedly negative. Not even a tiny hint of a second line.

I’m surprisingly ok with it. I didn’t have any major symptoms during the TWW, just the typical PMS/pregnancy symptoms of slight cramps, gassiness, and some moodiness.

AF hasn’t shown up yet, but she should by tomorrow. I’ve already emailed Dr. H to ask if we can use Clomid for this next cycle, only because it’s our last donor vial. And hopefully, we’ll get to have multiple ultrasounds before I surge so we can better track the follicle(s) growth.

If this next cycle doesn’t work, we’ll likely wait a month or so before trying again. My work schedule is crazy in April and I’ll be ovulating the week of a very large event I’m managing. I will definitely not have time for ultrasound appts that week.

Also, we’ll have to pick out a new donor. Just the thought of spending $800 for another vial makes my stomach hurt. Thank goodness we use a sperm bank we can drive to, so at least we don’t have to pay for shipping.

But I’m getting ahead of myself. This next cycle might be the one!

Even though I was pretty laid back about this first try for Baby #2, I can feel myself starting to stress a bit about this next one. I’m gonna see if I can schedule an acupuncture appt right before this IUI and maybe one right after it too.

Send your sticky baby thoughts my way. I’m crossing my fingers for all of you TTCing out there right now! Good luck!